Wednesday 1 May 2013

Day 1 of blog everyday.....

Todays prompt:    Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)


I do love my parents on trend look...
Although I appear to have been an extra on Little House on the Prairie...
.


I was born in Birmingham, England in 1981, the youngest of 3 children.  When I was about 4 we made the move up to Scotland. My dad has worked offshore since before I was born and it made sense for the family to be based where he flew from. We've lived in about 3 houses up here and settled in a new build on a farm. I loved living on a farm and have lots of fond memories of rearing baby sheep, chasing ducks and riding horses. Sounds idyllic but remember Scotland is cold!! I did all the usual schooling, primary followed by secondary. Then I went to work for a few years in a bank but decided I wanted to have the university experience and so studied History of Art at Aberdeen University. Not very useful for anything but I had a lovely time. After that I did various jobs and moved away with my then boyfriend for a few months only to return back to the farm. After a big life change I met my now husband. We moved in together about 5 minutes from the farm and I opened a craft shop in the village. After having our little boy in October 2011 the shop became more of a burden and in this financial climate it didn't make sense to continue. So I now spend my days taking care of our son and I have to say this the happiest I've ever been! I always wanted to be a mum but I didn't realise it would turn out to be my calling. I'm loving teaching my little one and cannot wait to see the man he becomes. 


My little family unit. Love these boys

Well that's day one done... Hope I didn't rabble on too much! :-) 
x


No comments:

Post a Comment