Friday 3 May 2013

Day two of blog everyday....

Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic)

So I spent a large portion of today trying to think of something I'm good at. I drew a blank. I kid you not. When it came to it I cannot think of a single thing I'm good enough at to educate others in. This made me sad.....

Till I really thought about. I'm good at lots of things but I firmly believe there are people out there better than me at most of it. Therein lies my problem,
and why it's probably a good thing I never became a teacher.

So I worked out there is one thing I better than anyone else in the whole wide world.... That's being Isaac's mummy. It may sound silly. There's lots of mums out there who are amazing and how can I say I'm doing better or I have the right to educate anyone on being a mum?? But I'm not saying I can teach you to be a mum only that I could educate you on being Isaac's mum. Cause I'm definitely the best at that.

Tip 1: Do not close doors. Yep. Leave em all open cause Isaac will want to close them for you. Heck he'll probably have opened it in the first place.

Tip 2: Never allow Mickey Mouse to be cut off mid episode by an annoying tv. Isaac will cry.

Tip 3: Don't sing. Ok you can probably sing but I shouldn't. Again Isaac will cry and all dreams I have of having a nice voice will be dashed.

Tip 3: Download all the free fisher price apps. Isaac will know where they are on the phone but it will stop him trying to email which.com every time he gets hold of the iPhone.

Tip 4: When putting Isaac in an adorable nappy take a picture immediately cause he will almost certainly poop less than 10 minutes later.

Tip 5: If Isaac is quiet and out of sight he's probably fine unlike most toddlers. If however the puppy is also missing and Isaac is laughing hysterically there is trouble afoot. Investigate!

Tip 6: Never leave a chair pulled out from the table. Isaac will climb and be standing in the middle of said table in less time than it takes to turn around.

Tip 7: Cuddles will be requested, demanded in fact many times throughout the day. Always put down whatever you're doing and oblige! These phases may not last.

Finally and most importantly....
Tip 8: Never ever cut Isaac's hair. Those baby curls may have to go eventually but until be insists on it enjoy them!!

There's lots of other things that make being Isaac's mummy the best job I've ever had, and the one I'm best at, but I don't want to give away all my trade secrets... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment