Sunday 12 May 2013

Day 12 of blog everyday...

Day 12, Sunday: What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)

So I've missed a couple of days this week. I might catch up with them later in the month but I'm not going to stress about it :-) I've had a couple of rough days to be honest. Nothing too bad but feeling a bit sore and letting things get to me.

In the spirit of that and what do I miss I'm gonna say a few things.

I miss my Gangy. He passed away years ago now but I miss him all the time. He was a very practical down to earth man who could be so much fun. I don't have lots of memories when he wasn't ill but I do remember that even then it never stood in his way. He loved strongly and deeply and you always knew it. I really appreciate that my mum inherited this trait and it even rubbed off on my dad. :-)

Annoyingly I haven't scanned in the picture of him yet, it's on my to do list so when I do I'll post one here. 


I miss the innocence of childhood. However I wouldn't want to go back. I love seeing that innocence in my son. He knows when he cried mummy will be there for him. I can comfort him in his worst moments which are normally very scary things like being unable to reach the biscuits. But I love seeing him discover new things and new feelings. So maybe I can't add this to the miss list as I see it everyday.

I do miss things and people I've lost but in all honesty I don't have a list for this. Missing things implies I want to go back to them. I don't. I am happy with my life. Even in my bad moments and days I am happy. So I don't miss things or times as I don't want to go back. 

Ok maybe I miss Disneyland but I can't live there all year...... Or could I???

No comments:

Post a Comment